Principles & Values
Avesta's Guiding Principles & Values
The following principles and values shall guide us in everything we do: crafting our strategy, onboarding a new team member, or while defining our markets.
We shall strive to abide by them at all times.
We succeed only when our customers do.
- We are committed to the growth and success of our customers. We succeed when our customers do.
- Therefore, we continuously strive to understand and anticipate our customer's needs, wants, expectations, and values and align our efforts and resources to fulfill them.
- We treat our customers with utmost concern, respect, and caring attitude and provide them with guidance and solutions, which are in their best interest.
People are our core competency.
- We are a collective, united by a common purpose and shared values; we shall collectively pursue our goals and objectives.
- We nurture a culture of trust, empathy, and ownership and empower our people with knowledge, faith, and freedom to drive outcomes.
- People are our core competency, and we always put our people first. Our company exists because of its people and not the other way round.
Learning & Innovation never stops.
- We are a learning organization, and learning is a continuous process. We gain a deep understanding and professionally master technologies and processes we work with.
- We share knowledge with others, groom and mentor them. The more knowledge we share, the more shall we gain.
- We continuously find and adopt better technologies, tools, and processes to improve our product quality and operational processes.
Cloud, Agile & Opensource are the basis of our existence.
- We foster an agile culture and follow agile practices to build highly efficient independent cross-functional teams capable of doing more with less.
- We use extreme programming techniques and practice test-driven development and refactoring to increase product development velocity and build reliable and easy-to-change systems.
- We use cloud-native architecture to design a product architecture and deploy them on cloud-native platforms using DevOps tools and techniques.
- We promote design thinking to design more human, intuitive, and predictable products.
- We are aware that our work has a profound social and commercial impact on the company, clients, and society. Therefore we shall always approach our work with utmost concern, sincerity, thoughtfulness, and professionalism.
- We operate on the premise that each and everyone on the team is responsible and wholly dedicated to the company's growth and is competent to deliver results.
- We do not have a "command control" environment and empower our team members with faith and freedom to learn, experiment, and excel.
- We believe that every individual has a unique talent, when nurtured, can produce extraordinary results.
- It's not about getting my job done; it's about getting the job done. Success or failure is everyone's combined responsibility.
- We shall always be guided by truth and convey it to others in a straightforward language.
- We shall have strong opinions, but we shall always be open to listening to others and willing to change.
- Everything we do, we do from our hearts, or we don't do it at all.
- We shall only commit what we can achieve and achieve what we commit.
- We will always use knowledge wisely to implement what works (in production).
- Every challenge brings in a new opportunity; as software professionals, we will always have to deal with ambiguity; remaining positive while dealing with technology and people goes a long way in solving small and big challenges.
- We don't jump on to conclusions, or conclusions may jump on us. We shall always take time to think things through and be tolerant and persistent when we act.
- Our work environment provides freedom; however, with great freedom comes greater responsibility.
- We shall always be proactive and use our own resources to accomplish our objectives.
- Communication means actually listening, understanding, and empathizing with all our stakeholders.
- We have zero-tolerance for politics; we shall be transparent, straightforward, and truthful with all our stakeholders under all circumstances.
Humble & Helpful
- We shall always be open to admitting our faults, willing to fix problems that are not our own, and always be courteous.
- We shall not waste our own or other person's time. Time and Tide does not wait for anybody.
- We shall have a best-or-nothing approach towards everything we do. Measure twice and cut once.
- Quality is every team member's responsibility; each individual is solely responsible for qualitative work and ensures that each piece of code written is entirely defect-free.